So, I’ve avoided shopping for a while now. And let me tell you, it’s getting old fast – real fast. By managing to avoid malls I have eliminated in-person impulse buys, but online shopping habits die hard. Instead of just concentrating on browsing for the perfect wedding shoes, I’ll find myself casually clicking on the navigation bar to see the “Dresses” section of an online store. Sigh. There are some adorable, gorgeous, cheery and just plain cute Spring finds out there.
I’m going to take a cue from my friend Natalie, who would smell chocolate in order to satisfy her craving for it. Though it’s not the full pleasure of indulging in what you want, it lets you experience part of the sensation and gets you through another day of abstinence. So now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to gush about a few of the most adorable dresses I’ve found for Spring:
1. Bright Party Dress: Rebecca Taylor’s Aqua (BIG color for Spring) Chiffon Mini Dress, $328 at Saks
2. Versatile Work-to-Night Out Dress: Calvin Klein’s Cap Sleave Tri-Color Dress, $118 at Macy’s
3. Knockout Easter /Brunch/Tea Dress: Ralph Lauren’s Taffeta Silk Dress (In Pink), $220 at Macy’s
4. Bargain Party Dress: Velvet Torch’s Shantung Bustier Dress (in Magenta), $62 at Nordstrom
5. Adorable Day Dress: Dandelion Shift Dress, $248 at Anthropologie
Thoughts on the dresses? Love ’em, hate ’em? I’ve also been looking for a flattering maxi-length patio dress with a cool print but came up dry…. I’ll keep looking and will keep you posted. 🙂