First off, shame on me for being a bag blogger and not posting regularly. In my defense, I’ve been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to pull together final wedding details. It’s now T minus 3 months til the big day – typing that gave me a mini anxiety attack – and I feel like there’s still so much to accomplish.
But often times, instead of tackling my growing list of DIY wedding projects (Martha’s tissue paper pom-poms, anyone? ), I get sidetracked and slip into La-La-Land reading wedding blogs and researching for the perfect wedding day accessories. In lieu of obsessing over them privately, here are some of my favorite things that I am in love with….
1. Botega Venetta Patent Origami Knot Clutch: I first laid eyes on this masterful work of intricacy while in Chicago last fall for the SC v. Notre Dame game. It was my first time venturing into a Botega boutique after long admiring the bags from a distance, and for some reason the salesman thought I had money. He complimented me on my “very special piece” of a necklace, which caused me to gloat on the inside since I bought it for $4.90 at Forever XXI. After showing me an ethereal Botega creation made from the skins of 60 watersnakes, he brought out the origami knot clutch and my heart stopped. The photos don’t do it justice, you really have to see this one in person – the handiwork alone must have taken someone weeks to complete; each patent bump is sewn together in the shape of an origami fortune teller. Gor-geous.
2. Rina Tairo Rings: I can’t even remember how I stumbled upon this website, but I have been in love ever since. The rings are so different from anything I’ve seen out there; they’re the definition of a true statement piece. I just love how they strike the perfect balance between modern and unique and timeless estate pieces.
3. Auntie Em’s Red Velvet Cupcakes: The best. cupcakes. ever. I first discovered these at Pitfire Pizza (which has, ironically, the best pizza ever), where they bring them in daily from Auntie Em’s Bakery in Eagle Rock. For all you Los Angelenos, these are undoubtedly the best red velvet in the city. Believe me, I’ve tried them all. 🙂
4. Artikal Millinery: Being a vintage lover and obsessed with British culture as I am, I have always had a secret crush on feather headpieces and gorgeous hats. I found this site while looking for a feather/flower piece to wear in my hair. Their prices are reasonable for really beautiful pieces (including the elusive birdcage veil) that make quite a statement.
5. Football Mums: Finding out what type of flower these were when I first saw them was a 4 month process. I kept seeing them in different places, but either they weren’t labeled or no one knew what they were. Finally I took a picture of them with a camera phone and showed it to my florist – turns out they are called football mums, and now that I know what they’re called I can incorporate them into the wedding. 🙂